04 iulie 2014

In the end...

I came across this comment on another blog I follow, and it expressed what I feel so beautifully, I want to save it somewhere.

The link: http://latterdaycommentary.com/2014/06/27/dont-blame-me-i-just-report-the-news/#comment-27252

"In the end, I am seeking Zion – a community of saints, those upon whom the Lord has put his spirit, where all are of one heart and of one mind.

"I look for those who have known the Lord, who have been baptized by fire and the Holy Ghost because they repented from all their sins and called upon the Lord until they had unfeigned faith in Christ. I look for honest souls who do not pretend to knowledge they do not possess, and who recognize the limitations of what they actually know, and who are seeking the Lord according to his commandments. I look for those who do not look outward and accuse and condemn, but rather who look inward and repent.


"In Zion, there shall not be found those who make men offenders for (lack of) a word, neither shall there be found those who watch for iniquity and cry others have sinned when they don’t know that they have, in fact, sinned; the scorner shall be cut off. In Zion, there shall not be those who charge others for not doing what they, themselves, have also failed to do – for the same standard they judge others by shall God judge them by.
Jeremiah 3
14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the Lord; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.
"If I see a lack of prophets and seers and revelators, if I see a lack of Melchizedek priests, if I see a lack of miracle workers and tongues and healings, if I see a lack of pure knowledge and charity, then riddle me this: who benefits should I then turn and accuse others of not possessing these things, which the Lord God hath offered all mankind if they will but ask of him, with diligence in keeping his commandments? Would it not be the proper course to call upon the name of the Lord until I received the fulness of his Holy Spirit that I might be, and possess, all of these things?

"What manner of fool would I have to be to blame or accuse others for not possessing what I, myself, do not possess! What manner of fool I would have to be to blame or accuse others for not repenting and working righteousness, when by blaming and accusing I would show myself to be a hypocrite, a pretender to the faith of Christ! For if I had faith as a mustard seed, I could move mountains!

"And what manner of fool I would be to imagine the Church stood in my way as I strive to follow the precepts of Christ! What manner of fool I would be to suppose that because the leadership does X, Y, or Z, that that in any way had any effect on whether I, with honor and exactness, obeyed the Savior’s teachings!
Doctrine and Covenants 42:29
29 If thou lovest me thou shalt serve me and keep all my commandments.
JST Matthew 5:50 Ye are therefore commanded to be perfect, even as your Father who is in heaven is perfect.
"What does the Church have to do with whether I obey God? How could they possibly interfere? Indeed, when I see a beggar, or, heaven forbid, a heroin addict on the street asking for money, what possible relevance does priesthood or hierarchical authority have to do with whether I honor the precepts of God and give them what they ask for?
JST Matthew 5:44 Give to him that asketh of thee; and from him that would borrow of thee, turn not thou away.
47 That ye may be the children of your Father who is in heaven; for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
"What does the Church have to do with this – or anything else?

"Oh, how much easier it would be to look outward and condemn instead of inward and repent! Oh how easy it is to mistake the spirit of the accuser for the Spirit of God, because it saith unto us we are righteous, and it is others who need to repent! And how easy it is to deliberately recast reproach as accusation, lest we see with our eyes, and hear with our ears, and understand with our heart, and be converted, that we might be cleansed by fire from heaven!
Proverbs 13:18
18 Poverty and shame shall be to him that refuseth instruction: but he that regardeth reproof shall be honoured.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
"Where is Zion? Where are the saints? Where are those who hew to the line with honor and exactness?"
--Log

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu